MarLIN (an initiative of the Marine Biological Association of the UK) welcomes sponsorship to fund the core maintenance, and development of our web resources. Sponsors can elect to make a simple donation, or sponsor specific activities or content. Sponsorship can also be 'in kind', such as donations of survey data, etc.
Sponsorship is required for the following core activities:
- maintenance of the IT infrastructure, servers, software and hardware;
- continued development of the website and its functionality;
- updating and expanding our information on species and habitats;
- updating and expanding our educational resources
- organizing educational events for schools and the general public (e.g. the Seashore Safaris); and
- maintaining and developing our online recording scheme.
Your sponsorship will help to ensure that the MarLIN website remains a free, open access resource.
For example, organizations and institutions may wish to sponsor
- a new search tool tailored to their needs;
- a particular group of species or habitats relevant to their work
- an educational event in their area; or
- a campaign to record particular species or groups, such as non-natives, or area regional recording exercise.
While individuals may wish to sponsor:
- a favourite species page;
- a visit by one of our staff to a local school.
What do you gain as a sponsor?
Well, together with the satisfaction of supporting an internationally acclaimed project, sponsors gain:
- unlimited access to the largest source of free information on the likely effects of human activities of marine species and habitats;
- unlimited access to the largest source of information on marine biodiversity in the North East Atlantic;
- unlimited access to our Biological Traits Information Catalogue (BIOTIC);
- access to survey data mapping tools and downloads;
- unlimited access to our enquiries service;
And for organizations
- your logo (and link) on a website that received over 1 million page views from a quarter of a million unique visitors from more than 200 countries/territories worldwide last year alone.
If you are interested in sponsoring our work and would like further information, contact Harvey Tyler-Walters (email@example.com) or Jon Parr (firstname.lastname@example.org). Alternatively, email the MarLIN team (email@example.com).
As a charitable institute, the Marine Biological Association is able to accept stand-alone donations for any aspect of its work.